Home (Navigational Site Menu)

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Specialities - Puppy Play

Yet another installment of "My Specialties!" I've been thinking a lot about puppy play recently and practicing it too.  It was one of my earlier areas of fetishism, because it is an iconic area of BDSM without requiring a lot of experience or refined skill.  This is not to say that puppy play is fetish that can be done without care or creativity; the point I am trying to make is that puppy play, I feel, is an easy fetish to get into.  It's not highly intimidating, like learning to crack a bullwhip, and it's not difficult to find puppy play gear (Thank you, Petsmart!).  Puppy play is fun, endearing and sexy too, making it an absolute favorite kink staple of mine.

My exposure to puppy play first occurred at a gay pride parade, when I was marching with my youth group, in front of a gay leather club.  There was a pack of leather pups in their crowd, each with a different personality.  Some were playful, some were disciplined.  I was absolutely captivated.  In fact, at the festival following the pride parade, I immediately bought a studded dog collar with hopes of introducing my submissive partner to this play.  My partner at that time, lucky for me, was amicable to the idea of puppy play, so we started with some simple commands.  Over time, my endeavors in puppy play have gotten more and more challenging and fetishistic.  Currently, when I engage in puppy play, I do so without speaking any English.  All my commands and praise are spoken in German, so that my puppy partner must learn to follow my orders authentically, rather than automatically.  The process of training my pup has taught us both important lessons; he has shown me increased obedience and discipline, and I have learned to be a better, more consistent and patient Dominant.


Today, I have developed a workshop that covers a broad overview of puppy play.  It functions as both an excellent, informative introduction to those new to puppy play, while still offering creative ideas for the experienced puppy player.  Eventually, I hope to develop specialized puppy play workshops, much like I have done with my pony play workshops. 
 
Stayed tuned (but don't hold your breath!) for my next installment of "My Specialties!"  Subject TBD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment